jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Post-Sampler Timers
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 11:22:52 GMT
Hi,
I find the Macros Idea of Vladimir interesting if I understand it well.
It could be extended to make macros configurable and thus users could
configure their own macros, it is a much wider scope than current thread.
It deserves a Bugzilla.

@Vladimir did I understand correctly your idea ?

@Andrey:
1/ I find it cool that you get so much feedback, it means your proposal is
interesting :-) and it is great to have feedback from end users before we
create / modify a feature.
2/ You're raising a real issue for beginners and even for others for use
cases where Timer needs to be controlled more precisely for a
TransactionController or any controller.
3/ With your feature you make it more "user friendly" when timer is at same
level of a Sampler, it will execute after it. But it doesn't answer the
case where you have 1 Transaction controller that has N HttpSampler as it
would execute before each HttpSampler.

The Macro feature would answer this, You raise the size of Test Plan it is
an argument but not sure for complex cases that it impact is bigger than
regular timers configuration.

Anyway, thanks a lot Andrey for your work on the project since you're a
commiter and of course for your work on plugins !
And thanks to all feedback.

Regards
Philippe

--