jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From chaitanya bhatt <bhatt.chaita...@gmail.com>
Subject Can we add NIO capability to Jmeter?
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 20:14:13 GMT
Team,

I have heard that Gatling load testing tool(http://gatling.io/) has been
very successful in being able to leverage Non-blocking IO feature of the
JVM to help generate more load from a single instance of the JVM by
eliminating the need to create an object per connection thereby saving
space within the JVM and also CPU cycles spent on garbage collecting it.

Are there any plans to add this capability? If not, then why?

I just read that Apache HTTP Component library supports non-blocking, event
driven I/O model based on Java NIO why can't we leverage this?

Thanks
Chaitanya M Bhatt
http://www.performancecompetence.com