jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Distributed testing and active threads over time
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 21:16:33 GMT
Hello,
When we do distributed testing and need afterwards to analyze results, we
need to know how much threads were running at the some point in time by
doing aggregation work, as illustrated here:

- http://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/ActiveThreadsOverTime/

I am just illustrating this need by this particular plugin, but this need
is here whatever plugin or custom code is used to create this graph.

Currently as each server reports his own number of threads, and this is
then written to a file, we need a way to know that N number of threads are
associated to X server.

I suggest that when a test starts, JMeter client (controller) computes and
sends to each server a unique ID, this id would then be stored by the
server and accessible under a property or function.

This way, users would only have to add to their thread group name this
additional property without any other configuration.

Another better options is to even remove the need for users to add this
function / property by appending this information automatically from the
server in the thread name.

Thoughts ?

--
Regards.