jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Design of Timeout test element / sampler interrupter
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2015 08:38:58 GMT

On 30/08/2015 01:06, sebb wrote:
> It must be one of the existing Test Element classes that are handled
> by the Menu system otherwise it will need special handling.

Perhaps a new sub menu like "Samplers life-cycle"?

The Action test element could be move is this menu.

Otherwise, Timer seems the good place.

> The scope requirement rules out Config elements and Logic Controllers.
> It does not seem like a pre-processor to me, nor a post-procesor, nor a Listener
>
> So AFAICT the only remaining options are the Timer and Assertions.
>
> I think both are justifiable.
>
> The name of the class can of course be changed from InterruptTimer - I
> think that is probably not the best choice. Maybe something like
> SamplerTimeout?

A name with the role inside. Timeout isn't the role for this new element
(it's a parameter), a name like "SamplerStopper" or "SampleInterrupter"
seems better.

Probably, the name in the GUI needs to be change too.

Milamber