jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Pokhilko <a...@ya.ru>
Subject Separate folder for 3rd-party plugins
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 10:21:24 GMT
Hi,

There is a problem when people extend JMeter with 3rd party plugins: the
JAR mess. Currently, plugin installations require putting plugin JARs
into "lib/ext", and any dependency JARs into "lib". Sometimes there is
library clashes with core JMeter libraries, that lead to unusable JMeter
and users have no clear way to "uninstall".

What I suggest is to add improvement to our classpath building, to make
it read "lib/3rdparty", find all directories there and add jars from
them into classpath. For example, ssh sampler
(https://github.com/yciabaud/jmeter-ssh-sampler) would be installed into
"lib/3rdparty/ssh-sampler" and have both sampler JAR and JSch lib JAR in
that directory. And so on for any other external plugins. Subdirectory
name "ssh-sampler" is up to user/plugins author.

This model would make it really easy to uninstall or upgrade 3rdparty
plugins without affecting core JMeter installation.

I'd even put this into JMeter 3.0, that's the new feature worth major
release. I can contribute the change into code.

Mates, your opinions?

--
Andrey Pokhilko