jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: regex for jmeter.reportgenerator.exporter.html.series_filter
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 18:29:27 GMT

Am 5. Mai 2016 20:17:37 MESZ, schrieb Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>:
>Hi Felix,
>
>1. true
>2. I don't understand the problem , can you clarify for me ?

^ indicates start of line (String in our case). But the code does a match, so that is implicit.
But if I see a ^ I think the regex will do a "find" instead of a "match".

So as a result I think we should remove the ^.

>3. Yes we want to trap:
>- Sample1
>- Sample1-success
>- Sample1-failure
>- Sample2
>- Sample2-success
>- Sample2-failure
>
>Ideally not Sample2XXX-success.

And not Sample123?

>Do you see a better regex ?

If we want to match all those, than the regex is correct.

All in all, I think it would be safe to change the regex to

Sample[12](?:-failure|-success)?

Or, if it should be a bit more descriptive

(?:Sample1|Sample2)(?:-failure|-success)?

Which is mostly the same as the one in the properties file. Differences are non capture and
remove indicator of start of line.

Felix