jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1742642 - in /jmeter/trunk: bin/jmeter.properties bin/reportgenerator.properties src/core/org/apache/jmeter/report/dashboard/ReportGenerator.java
Date Sat, 07 May 2016 20:23:06 GMT
On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 12:14 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7 May 2016 at 10:33, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Saturday, May 7, 2016, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> The only relevant place I can find is properties_reference which I have
> >> updated.
> >> If there are any other places let me know.
> >

> > i see no mention of this in dashboard docs.
> > I think some note on this would be nice
>
> AFAICT the dashboard docs don't mention jmeter.properties
> So why should  they mention the new property file?

They do, read
16.2 Configuring Dashboard Generation

> after
> >> 3.0
> >>
> >> I could say the same about the fix you made:

> >> Log:
> >> Bug 59424 - Visualizer : Add "Clear" in popup menu
> >>
> >> That was not even discussed as I recall.
> >

> > I can retire it if you want.
>
> No. I don't think it needs to be removed.

ok thanks

> > The regressions risks are very low,
>
> Since the patch affected code in MenuFactory, the _potential_ for
> regression is high.
>
> However the change was simple; it looks OK and I have not noticed any
> problems.
>
> > it's not the case for report generation which is a much more critical
> feature.
>
> The feature may be more critical, but there's no possibility of a
> regression since it's a new feature.

Yes but I don't like to release a broken feature.
See my comment on the commit.

> >> ==
> >>
> >> The issue was discussed, but the solution was not.
> >>
> >> I am not happy releasing the code as it was before.
> >> I should have vetoed the original change.
> >

> > which one ?
>
> The one which added the properties to jmeter.properties:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1718425

As far as I remember, I never read a single good thing from you on this
feature since it was proposed, I don't remember you even voted.
I must confess I don't understand.
I am sad that the only conclusion of this feature for you is just "40 new
properties".

If your aim is to discourage further contributions, it's a very good way to
proceed.