jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: HTML 5 render in View Results Tree
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2016 14:56:07 GMT

Am 5. Juni 2016 15:44:16 MESZ, schrieb Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>:
>Looks to be a good idea.
>Indeed having a browser that interprets better the html is very useful
>during scripting phases.
>I find very frequently myself saving the html response (that contains
>the
>response to a failed replayed request) and opening it in firefox or
>chrome
>because it's unusable in the current html renderer.

I have to agree, that the current html3.2 display is a bit outdated. And I wanted to try integrate
the jfx browser to see, how much we would have to change.

>This allows easily to read an error message or see some form that
>requires
>html 4 or 5 or just have the real look of an html page.

We could use the browser for the printable docs, which would allow us to switch to a more
modern html code for the docs.

The jfx browser could also help with the current bug with the unbalanced parentheses in the
css stylesheet.

>Currently the html renderer is both slow and unable to render correctly
>nowadays html.
>

>The best option to me is to use javafx browser and interfacing swing
>with
>javafx is possible.
>
>As a pre-requisite we should migrate to Java8 which should happen
>anyway
>since some of our dependencies already started only support java8 (ph
>css)

Javafx should be doable with java 7, too.
But we would have to add the jfxrt.jar (or whatever it is called) top the classpath when running/compiling
on java 7.

Regards,
Felix