jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From "Epp, Jeremiah W (Contractor)" <j...@cas.org>
Subject RE: JMeter JMX file format
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 14:38:21 GMT

Part of the problem there is JMX isn't versioned.  Or really specified at all.  It's a de
facto format that arises from the [voodoo] serialisation of the test plan's root ListedHashTree
of JMeterTreeNodes.  (Please, DO correct me if I'm wrong; even a bad spec would have been
useful months ago.)

> That's not to say it cannot be done, but the additional work must be
> considered before deciding to make a change.

In my mind, this is the major motivation for a test plan DSL: retain support for the "legacy"
JMX as much as possible (read and write), but otherwise have a clean break that lets the project
move forward sanely.

Regards,
Wyatt

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s),
may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Chemical Abstracts Service
("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission
in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact
the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.