jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis of Performance improvement of Resource Download ?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 19:05:15 GMT
1) Regarding content hashing there might be a question which hash function
we should use.
For instance, there's https://github.com/OpenHFT/Zero-Allocation-Hashing that
offers fast implementations of some hash functions.
FarmHash, CityHash, MurmurHash3
We might want to apply it to other "MD5" usages.

2)
Philippe>this has a certain CPU impact related to HTML parsing to extract
the links.

Do you have some numbers that represent "certainty"?

3) Re "cache HTML parsing", it does not sound to be very useful. Typical
pages I see have different content, so the cache there does not sound
promising

4) What if we implement "fetch links only during the first sampler
execution"?

As far as I understand, the idea of "fetching resources automatically" is
that users do not have to hard-code the resources right into jmx.
It might be OK if we implement Cache<TestElement, List<URL>> kind of thing.

Vladimir