jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timer adjustment feature / Bug 60018 (was Thoughts on 2 proposals)
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2016 10:37:07 GMT
Philippe>Frankly I doubt it. At least the platforms usually used for Load
Testing
Philippe>don't have the same constraints as those running J2EE Server can
have.

Exactly.
I might be wrong, but I do not remember "-1" responses for moving to Java 8.

Philippe>Well since there was no abstract class, I don't see.
Philippe>Do you have other ideas ?

One of the common patterns is "interface Timer2", so each timer opts-in and
declares if it should be adjusted by default. The relevant JMeter core code
would do an instanceof check.
Naming is one of the hardest problems in computer science (it comes next
after "cache invalidation"), so feel free to invent the best name for
Timer2.

Don't get me wrong, my best name for Timer2 is Java 8 :)

Philippe>PS : Any chance that you submit your Constant Throughput timer
Philippe>alternative patch ?

Not sure. There might be legals issue.

Vladimir