jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From harsh patel <h.rs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re-Use thread for more load using less thread
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 09:49:41 GMT
Can we use re-use thread so that we can achieve load using less threads

Let's take an example, I send HTTP request and request is received after 5
sec. Currently, thread group waits for 5 sec.  instead we can re-use the
thread for execution other tests.

By re-using the thread, we can achieve the load using less threads.

We have developed diameter plugin(
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diameter_(protocol)). Now we want to test
load 1600 TPS with 500000 concurrent user(s).

you can relate with blog or question/answer site ex. stackover flow. User
is connected to server and they browse server. But load is 1600 as user
read the whole pages and then press next. Now considered each user spend
5min time to read pages. in this case you can say that 500000 user is
connected and out of 500000 user server receives 1600 hit in seconds.

I know there is plug in for this. But in this case also,I have to creates
large number of threads to check 500000 user. Even if in distributed test,
I have to take many servers to test. If we re-use the threads we can
achieve this using less no of theads.

--
Thanks & Regards
Harsh Patel