jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From "Epp, Jeremiah W (Contractor)" <j...@cas.org>
Subject RE: Ideas for 3.2
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 18:54:08 GMT

I'd suggest waiting until you have a better idea of how the internals will
look after refactoring.  That'll inform the undo API and might even make
things easier if you play it right.

>>     - Your idea: possible rework of core architecture to at least
>>     introduce a pool of threads or switch to async model allowing us to
>>     take advantage of async io
>
> I still think we should experiment in that direction, but it seems to be a
> really big step and shouldn't be done in a hurry.

IMHO, the first step of any major internals work is divorcing the test plan
export format from the straight serialisation of the ListedHashTree.

>> In a previous discussion we had a LOOOOONNNG discussion on DSL.
>
> The demo looked really intriguing, but I have no knowledge in that
> direction to help out.

Since we're (finally!) nearing the end of this product cycle, I may be able
to argue in favour of allocating some of my time to assist with this.  I do
think this is something that's worth committing to.

Regards,
Wyatt

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s),
may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Chemical Abstracts Service
("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission
in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact
the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.