jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: How should no-op setter methods be filed in Bugzilla?
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 15:10:56 GMT
Am 14.11.2016 14:47, schrieb Epp, Jeremiah W (Contractor):
> While working on our load automation tooling, I've had to figure out a
> lot
> of obscure and relatively undocumented things about the JMeter
> internals.
> One of the more bizarre things I've run into is a bunch of setter
> methods
> that apparently just don't work, forcing you to use setProperty() in a
> bunch
> of places instead.  It's really annoying.
>
> Example:
> JSR223PostProcessor jsr = new JSR223PostProcessor();
> jsr. setScriptLanguage("beanshell");   // This doesn't actually do
> anything.
> jsr. setProperty("scriptLanguage", "beanshell"); // We have to use
> this.

I have attached a test case that models this, with the only downside,
that it works with current trunk.
Which version of JMeter do you use? And is the test broken with your
sources?

> I realised last Friday (after hitting two more) that I should probably
> be
> reporting these, but I wanted to check on the list first about how we
> want
> them in Bugzilla.  Should each method have a bug?  Each class?  Should
> there
> be a tracking bug for them?  A bz Keyword?  Please advise.

If you think the api doesn't work as it should, you could first try to
discuss it here on the mailing list, or if it is really a no-brainer,
submit a bug. It would be superb, if you could provide a test case
showing the error.

On the scope of the bug. Judge yourself. I prefer to have simple bug
reports.

Regards,
  Felix