jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From "Epp, Jeremiah W (Contractor)" <j...@cas.org>
Subject How should no-op setter methods be filed in Bugzilla?
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 13:47:46 GMT
While working on our load automation tooling, I've had to figure out a lot
of obscure and relatively undocumented things about the JMeter internals.
One of the more bizarre things I've run into is a bunch of setter methods
that apparently just don't work, forcing you to use setProperty() in a bunch
of places instead.  It's really annoying.

Example:
JSR223PostProcessor jsr = new JSR223PostProcessor();
jsr. setScriptLanguage("beanshell");   // This doesn't actually do anything.
jsr. setProperty("scriptLanguage", "beanshell"); // We have to use this.

I realised last Friday (after hitting two more) that I should probably be
reporting these, but I wanted to check on the list first about how we want
them in Bugzilla.  Should each method have a bug?  Each class?  Should there
be a tracking bug for them?  A bz Keyword?  Please advise.

Regards,
Wyatt

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s),
may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Chemical Abstracts Service
("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission
in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact
the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.