jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject PR235 and matching behaviour
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 19:24:43 GMT
Hi all,

I had a look at PR 235 and it addresses a valid bug. But I think the bug
goes a bit further than that.

The patch addresses the case, where the processor first matches multiple
things with JSON Processor and after that gets an empty input for the
matching. In that case JMeter will leave the old values in
refname_matchNr and refname_<idx>.

If on the other hand the first match is again a multi match and the
second gets processed with a matchnumber of "0". Then it gets a bit
weird. refname_matchNr will be set to the number of found elements, but
no elements will be stored in refname_<idx>.

Thinking about this, I believe the correct result in both cases would be
to have no refname_matchNr and no refname_<idx> left in the vars.

What do you think?

Regards,

  Felix