jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: How should no-op setter methods be filed in Bugzilla?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 19:51:02 GMT
Am 14.11.2016 um 20:20 schrieb Epp, Jeremiah W (Contractor):
> [...]
Is this class of problems, those classes, that use instance variables
for state instead of jmeter-properties?

> But, looking at the code real quick gives me an idea...
>
> Okay, that does help narrow it down.  Using the getter and setter methods
> works fine... at runtime.  But there's something janky in how JMX export is
> working.  Whether it's in JMeter or my own code, I'm not really sure, but if
> we don't set the actual properties, they don't get saved in the output.
>
> Let's try this: if you were going to export those postProcessors in your
> test to a JMX file on the disk, what would the code look like?
Well, if I remember correctly, you are using JMeter in quite some
interesting ways, that are not the usual ones. So it may very well be,
that you find interesting behaviour.

The only way I save elements is to let JMeter save them and I haven't
looked to deeply into that, yet.

>> Which version of JMeter do you use?
> Just vanilla 3.0 (previously, 2.13). 3.1 once it comes out.  Really, there's
> nothing special going on here.
Good to know.

>> If you think the api doesn't work as it should, you could first try to
>> discuss it here on the mailing list, or if it is really a no-brainer,
>> submit a bug. It would be superb, if you could provide a test case showing
>> the error.
> I was thinking this was pretty open-and-shut.  It may still be, but that's
> less clear. I guess it really depends on what we settle on as the real bug
> in this case.  That'll inform how I file it.

Great,
  Felix

> Cheers,
> Wyatt
>
> Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s),
may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Chemical Abstracts Service
("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission
in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact
the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.