jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GUI Mode : OOM Protection for View Results Tree or View Results in Table
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 20:02:39 GMT
Philippe>GUI mode

Please pardon my ignorance, however can you clarify what is the main
difference between GUI and non-GUI modes that causes GUI to fail?

Well, I saw your comment at
https://www.itcentralstation.com/product_reviews/apache-jmeter-review-33516-by-rahulsharma
,
and I'm all ears to hear what the reviewer would reply.

Is it just "non-GUI skips things like View Results Tree"?

If so, I don't see much sense in having different limits on the number of
threads in GUI and non-GUI modes.

Some kind of "performance mode" (e.g. enabled by default) or "debug mode"
(disabled by default) might help.
For instance, in those modes JMeter would skip things like "View Results
Tree" and other complex UI stuff.

Does that make sense?

Vladimir