jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mailer Visualizer
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2017 12:33:14 GMT
On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 1:15 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 February 2017 at 09:52, Philippe Mouawad
> <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > This element might be more useful if we can make some enhancements to it:
> >
> >    - First rename it as its name is far from clear. Something like Mail
> >    Alerter
> >    - Make it send notifications on richer conditions:
> >       - Percentile 90 of response time (Excluding Transaction Controller)
> >       reaching a limit
> >       - Errors percentage reaching a limit
> >       - Burst in error percentage
> >       - ...
> >       - Possibly be able to express a rule in Groovy
> >
> > Currently it seems to me far from useful as is.
>
> I suggest you ask on the User list how it is being used.
>
> Also, I would be wary of adding too much functionality into the listener.
> It should just be a means to send the email, the same as other
> Listeners are a means to displaying results or recording them in a
> file or database.
> Error checks should be done by Assertions.

In my understanding Assertion applies on every sample. Can it apply to a
history of samplers ?
Maybe a simple addition would be to allow Mailer Visualizer to send a mail
based on variable or property value (true/ false).
This would make it very flexible. We could this way combine it with
GenerateSummary Result or a dedicated "Alert" listener which could set this
variable or property.

> As far as possible, each test element should have a single role.
> This reduces duplication and allows easier testing.

I agree

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.