jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject TestPlan : "Run tearDown Thread Groups after shutdown of main threads"
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2017 14:50:11 GMT
Hello,

Today, when you shutdown a running Test plan with shutdown.sh, the tearDown
Thread Group won't run unless you check this option.

This does not look logical to me, as a shutdown is a clean stop which
should behave the same as a Test Plan that ends regularly.
If you don't want it to run, then just call stop.

So I would tend to change default value to be checked.

In my experience the first time I used setup Thread Group was that I wanted
to:
- Generate an Oracle AWR from it
- Restore some configuration that had been changed by setup Thread Group

I was very surprised that it didn't run when I cleanly shutdown the test
until I found it was due to this option.

Thoughts ?