jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Migration to Slf4j and backward compatibility policy
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 06:52:55 GMT
Hello,
In the process of migrating, there are 2 places where we face the backward
compatibility issue:
- AbstractJavaSamplerClient#getLogger
- Dynamic scripting elements (Jsr223, Bsf and Beanshell)

For the first case I think we need to keep method, make it deprecated and
propose a new one or nothing (maybe better) as it's fairly easy to create a
logger

For the second case I propose to take the risk as I think we'll only break
scripts that use fatalError or isPriorityHigherThan (something
similar) which do not exist in slf4j

We would mention this in release notes and update component reference.

Regards
Philippe

--
Cordialement.