jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileName in CSVDataSet
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 14:45:02 GMT
Hi Maxime,
I'm not sure we should do that.
1/ Usually vars are supposed to be different per  User. Otherwise
Properties should be used.
So if they are different, that would mean we could end up opening 1 file
per Thread. If var changes a lot, we could potentially run out of File
Descriptors.

2/ More importantly,  As user could think that they can use whatever
variable in file name, they  could be surprised that it only works in some
cases where var is defined before we enter the loop where CSV is
initialized.
Explaining this behaviour will be too complex IMO

What is the use case you have and why don't you use ${__P(property passed
in command line )}?
Thanks

--
Cordialement.