jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mailer Visualizer
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2017 12:15:56 GMT
On 26 February 2017 at 09:52, Philippe Mouawad
<philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> This element might be more useful if we can make some enhancements to it:
>
>    - First rename it as its name is far from clear. Something like Mail
>    Alerter
>    - Make it send notifications on richer conditions:
>       - Percentile 90 of response time (Excluding Transaction Controller)
>       reaching a limit
>       - Errors percentage reaching a limit
>       - Burst in error percentage
>       - ...
>       - Possibly be able to express a rule in Groovy
>
> Currently it seems to me far from useful as is.

I suggest you ask on the User list how it is being used.

Also, I would be wary of adding too much functionality into the listener.
It should just be a means to send the email, the same as other
Listeners are a means to displaying results or recording them in a
file or database.
Error checks should be done by Assertions.

As far as possible, each test element should have a single role.
This reduces duplication and allows easier testing.