jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter HTTP/2 support
Date Sun, 21 May 2017 11:50:34 GMT
Hello,
Hc5 is making progress but will rely on java 9 for Alpl for example.

Shouldn't we start some work in a new branch of JMeter (or create a branch
for 3.x and work on 4.x in master)

I see following pro/cons:
+ start some work asap
+ give feedback on hc5 and potentially orient some decisions on its design
+ oleg proposed his help
+ we need to rething recorder architecture as it's tightly linked to http1

- Hc5  is still alpha
- I feel Oleg is a bit alone on this piece of work ( http/2)
- It will only work with Java9 , when will java9 be released and what will
be its adoption rate particularly with module feature which will also
incurs work on our side

And another thing, shouldn't we consider other libraries like netty for
example ?

Http/2 is coming at a high pace and I feel we should not wait anymore.

Regards

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.