jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JMeter HTTP/2 support
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2017 19:49:49 GMT
On Sun, 2017-09-03 at 17:47 +0200, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
> HC5 is still young (alpha) to migrate no ?
> A first step for us would be to complete our migration from 4.2 to
> 4.5. Do
> you think it is useful or we should wait for HC5 to be GA and do the
> migration at that time ?

Not much younger than other implementations.

> Regarding HTTP 2, HC5 without Java 9 has still the  limitation with
> ALPN
> which means we need to move to Java 9 to have it.

*Sigh*. I already tried to explain the same thing more than once here
on this list.

HC does not have this limitation, JSSE does. All HTTP/2 running on pre
Java9 JREs have _exactly_ the same problem. Some projects chose to
employ various work-around for the issue involving various trade-offs
and downsides. If you are comfortable using those work-arounds there is
nothing stopping you from using them with HC.

Oleg