jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Isuru Perera <chrishan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Netty Client Implementation for HTTP Sampler
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 06:26:03 GMT
Hi Philippe,

I'm sorry for not explaining my reasons sooner.

So, the main reason for asking about a Netty Client Implementation for HTTP
Sampler is that Netty is supposed to be better at working under large
number of  concurrent non blocking connections.

The main issues we are having with current HTTP Sampler are:

   1. Load Average of the JMeter instance is very high. See thread:
   http://www.jmeter-archive.org/Maximum-number-of-concurrent-
   users-td5726006.html
   <http://www.jmeter-archive.org/Maximum-number-of-concurrent-users-td5726006.html>.
   Even for low number of concurrent users (eg, 300), if there is no timers
   added to the test plan, the load average of the client goes beyond
   acceptable limits.
   2. With the default value for "httpclient4.time_to_live", we see very
   high response times. When we increase the time_to_live value for 30 minutes
   to keep a fixed number of connections, the response times are much better.
   See also
   http://www.jmeter-archive.org/Number-of-open-connections-vary-with-time-tp5726000p5726123.html

I'm wondering whether we could avoid above issues with a Netty Client
Implementation instead of the default client implementation in JMeter.

WDYT?

Thank you.

--
Isuru Perera