jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: YaMeter - Yet Another Load Testing Tool with more Cloud
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2017 22:06:45 GMT
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017, Emilian Bold <emilian.bold@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >    - I suppose you're embedding a JMeter right ?
>
> Yes, of course. Which was not easy because JMeter really expects to be
> running with full control of the VM.
>
> >   - why use this old "graph results" and not more modern elements or the
> >   web report ?
>
> No particular reason, I just picked something from the Add | Listener
> popup menu.

For "marketing" purpose, I would select more recent graphs for demos :)
We must show people JMeter has evolved :)

> >   - Any reason to limiting it to AWS ? why not use jcloud to make it more
> >   cloud agnostic ?
>
> To me AWS is the big one. I didn't want to use jCloud because I didn't
> want to have to think about how jCloud might map their concepts on top
> of the AWS concepts and debug jCloud instead of just debugging AWS's
> own SDK. In time it might make sense to code against a single API.

Is it that complex to start immediately with jcloud ?
I found their API pretty easy to map , at least for ypur requirement.

> >   - You plan to share it on github ?
>
> In time, yes. Right now this is also a poll for load testing users' needs.

okay

> Besides the cloud integration, there are some other aspects the might
> be interesting for JMeter to pursue: multi-document,

+0

> modular
> architecture,

+1 provided it's backward compatible

>  out-of-the-box plugin portal.

+1000
I'll be happy to help on PR at jmeter github

Note I tend to prefer completing each piece of work than starting lots of
ideas at the same time. But that's only me :)

Anyway, thanks for all your innovations ! That's pretty refreshing

--emi

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.