jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: YaMeter - Yet Another Load Testing Tool with more Cloud
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2017 23:09:38 GMT
> For "marketing" purpose, I would select more recent graphs for demos :)

Maybe there is some nice "demo" JMeter project that showcases these
cool new things?

>> modular architecture,
> +1 provided it's backward compatible

In some regards it might be backwards compatible, but generally
speaking some things must be deprecated in order to architect better
(the global configuration files / singletons come to mind).

>Note I tend to prefer completing each piece of work than starting lots of
ideas at the same time. But that's only me :)

The Plugin Portal works, I just need to integrate a few plugins for
testing and see if they hook up properly.

I could also use the Plugin Portal to deliver less important plugins
like MongoDB...

> I'll be happy to help on PR at jmeter github

Not everything can be done incrementally in a PR.

But there's plenty of other incremental changes that I need into
JMeter that would also help the project itself (like Maven, etc).

I'll start preparing more patches next month, this month I want to
release YaMeter builds.

> Anyway, thanks for all your innovations ! That's pretty refreshing

This is not a proof of concept, it's all functioning stuff. Some more
error recovery and detection might be needed but I'd say it's
basically usable.

--emi