jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: YaMeter - Yet Another Load Testing Tool with more Cloud
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 05:48:20 GMT
>    - I suppose you're embedding a JMeter right ?

Yes, of course. Which was not easy because JMeter really expects to be
running with full control of the VM.

>   - why use this old "graph results" and not more modern elements or the
>   web report ?

No particular reason, I just picked something from the Add | Listener
popup menu.

>   - Any reason to limiting it to AWS ? why not use jcloud to make it more
>   cloud agnostic ?

To me AWS is the big one. I didn't want to use jCloud because I didn't
want to have to think about how jCloud might map their concepts on top
of the AWS concepts and debug jCloud instead of just debugging AWS's
own SDK. In time it might make sense to code against a single API.

>   - You plan to share it on github ?

In time, yes. Right now this is also a poll for load testing users' needs.

Besides the cloud integration, there are some other aspects the might
be interesting for JMeter to pursue: multi-document, modular
architecture, out-of-the-box plugin portal.

--emi