jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Java 9 and JMeter
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2017 09:11:46 GMT
> Hello,
>
> *Java 9 Compilation:*
> I was able to compile with Java 9 after some changes:
>
>     - removal of children() override in JMeterTreeNode as per Felix proposal
>     - Fixing Code impacts of the previous changes
>
> This change will probably break existing plugins using this method. Should
> we do it for 3.3 ?
I would wait and make java 9 compilation work after 3.3.

I think we should strive to keep the code stable in times when we want
to do a release, it should make the life easier for the RM.

> Java 9 Running:
>
>     - Running tests of a Java 8 compiled JMeter with Java 9 failed with
>     NoClassDefFoundError accessing javax.activation.DataSource
>     - Adding this option made it work:
>        - --add-modules java.activation
>

> I pushed :
>
>     - https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/308
>
> I think even if we release as is 3.3, users will face issues with Java 9,
> mainly fixable through addition of :
>
>     - --add-modules
>
> But maybe we should check samplers like :
>
> - jms
>
> - ldap
>
> ..
Another thing I noticed, was that you can't use jmeter.sh to start
jmeter, when using java 9, as the version string changed from "1.x" to "x".

Felix