jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Subject Having a globalVariables shared accross threads
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2017 07:36:14 GMT
Hello,
There is frequently the need in Load Testing for sharing something accross
threads which might have been initialized in a setup Thread Group or by
some Thread.

Currently JMeter has 2 ways to do it:

   - Properties but they are limited to String
   - Through Beanshell (which is deprecated) through bsh.shared

A recent illustration of this (but I frequently in my work need it) is the
Coverage Tests created for JMS, TCP and FTP.
To do it I had to use Beanshell.

So I propose to create such concept:

   - JMeterContext would be enhanced with getSharedVariables()
   - A new equivalent of JMeterVariables would be created. The Map would be
   ConcurrentHashMap
   - It would be initialized/cleared in StandardJMeterEngine#run or
   JMeterContextService.startTest();

Thoughts ?
--
Regards.