jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Pokhilko <a...@ya.ru>
Subject Re: Hanging test due to no timeout set / hanging sampler and Test duration
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2017 13:44:25 GMT
Hi,

First of all, I agree that this is very confusing for users. We need to
not fall into this trap by default.

Wouldn't changing default timeout for HTTP sampler help in this case?
Just default how we set it for newly added samplers. This way it won't
affect existing test plans, but will make users by default to have
limited socket waiting time. Something like 30-60 seconds is a good
default from my practice.

Andrey Pokhilko