jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra0...@gmail.com>
Subject Remove comments about object ages in bin/jmeter
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2017 21:35:06 GMT
Hi,

In bin/jmeter we have

#
# Original page has disappeared, it is now only available at:
#
https://web.archive.org/web/20060614151434/http://www.atg.com/portal/myatg/developer?paf_dm=full&paf_gear_id=1100010&detailArticle=true&id=9606
#
# JMeter objects can generally be grouped into three life-length groups:
#
# - Per-sample objects (results, DOMs,...). An awful lot of those.
#   Life length of milliseconds to a few seconds.
#
# - Per-run objects (threads, listener data structures,...). Not that many
#   of those unless we use the table or tree listeners on heavy runs.
#   Life length of minutes to several hours, from creation to start of next
run.
#
# - Per-work-session objects (test plans, GUIs,...).
#   Life length: for the life of the JVM.

The link is very old 2003 and not updated to G1 GC

Moreover I find that the information given is useless

O propose to remove these lines

Antonio