jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Subject Hanging test due to no timeout set / hanging sampler and Test duration
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2017 12:15:43 GMT
Hello,
Currently when you check Schedule in Thread group and:

   - fix a duration for your test
   - Don't set any timeout on HTTP requests or use a non interruptible
   sampler

Your test can hang infinitely as JMeter will not interrupt the Hanging
samplers even after duration of Thread Group has been reached.

This is a frequent problem faced by JMeter users (I remember that I have
answered this SO question at least 10 times). Even non newbie can get
trapped.

Shouldn't we introduce this to avoid hanging test that give a feeling of
broken JMeter while the problem is in the hanging targetted server ?:

   - Option 1: Add an option in Scheduler part called "Interrupt pending
   Threads after duration + security margin (1m) that could be a field or
   property" on Thread Group (checked by default)
   - Option 2 : Add it at test plan level to avoid repeating the
   configuration
   - On start of Thread Group, an additional TimerTask would be triggered
   after duration + security margin and would do the following:
      - run equivalent (refactor) of code at:
         -
         https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/trunk/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/engine/StandardJMeterEngine.java#L326

Cordialement.