jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Russell <gra...@ham1.co.uk>
Subject Re: Controversial topic: Remove internationalization
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 18:43:10 GMT
I don't think translations should be removed. I think they add value to
those who do not have a good understanding of English. We don't have any
usage metrics so it's hard to tell how much they are used.

Regarding it being unprofessional, I agree, but I do not think it is an
issue, especially if English is now the default.

I guess that we don't have more contributions because of a lack of
awareness and perhaps a lack of desire from people who have the ability to
translate, because they can use the English.

We could try to make the community more aware that we need more
translations? Perhaps via Twitter or the users list etc. and see if this
helps. However we first need to make sure the translation guidance is
really simple and easy for people to follow.

Graham