jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Request: Modify Timeout Default Values
Date Mon, 07 May 2018 20:15:44 GMT
>They are currently infinite and frequently I see users on Stackoverflow

Could you provide examples?

> or in real life think that JMeter has hanged

Does that mean "I've started the load and nothing happens"?
Could we draw a spinner that does somehow clarify if JMeter is fine?
Currently we have "number of active threads", however it does not
distinguish between a thread hitting the server and a thread blocked on a
timer.

I'm not sure if adding a UI for user-facing thread dump is a good thing,
but I'm always ending up with capturing thread dumps.

>   - 3 sec for connect timeout
>   - 30 sec for read timeout

The listed values might be too low for those who test 10+ second response
times.

There's a note that Chrome/Firefox were happy to wait for 1500 seconds:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1342310/where-can-i-find-the-default-timeout-settings-for-all-browsers?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa#comment65281083_1343963

Vladimir