jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Request: Modify Timeout Default Values
Date Tue, 08 May 2018 09:23:49 GMT
>What do you suggest ?

I'm inclined to "automatic hard stop at <<test duration + some slack time
value>>".
For instance, if a threadgroup has been configured to last for 10 seconds,
then JMeter should somehow hard stop at 15 seconds (or even at 10).

The results should include "max time 10 seconds (or whatever)", and the
status of interrupted sample should be "error".

On a plus side: we can use "the remaining test duration" as a "downstream
timeout" so the timeout gets propagated and we have more changes the whole
thing will get stopped properly.

>if you have a patch showing how yoy would do it, it would be great

I'm not sure if this is the most important UI problem.

I do remember though that certain JMeter versions failed to end test in
presence of long timers. It did bother me.

>Maybe, but I feel those are reasonable timeouts nowadays

Just my 2 cents: I do not find setting default timeouts to 30 (or whatever
values) solves real problems.
On the other hand, making JMeter to honour the configured test schedule
would definitely help a lot.

Vladimir