jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From UBIK LOAD PACK Support <supp...@ubikloadpack.com>
Subject BUG 61748 / Request compression
Date Mon, 07 May 2018 15:16:37 GMT
Hello,
In some applications, the request body needs to be gzipped.

It is currently possible to do it by developping a JSR223 PreProcessor but
it requires some development knowledge.

We would like to contribute a patch to provide this but have some questions
on what best options would be:

   - Option 1 :Should it be automatic, ie, whenever a Header
   Content-Encoding=gzip , we do it:
      - Easy
      - To disable it, remove Content-Encoding header
      - Is there a case where it would be annoying ?
      - We would add a property to disable registration of this Interceptor
      to disable globally the feature if really needed
      - Option 2 :Should it be activated by a checkbox in HTTP Request
   Advanced Tab ?
      - Yet Another option in a complex UI ?
      - Option 3 : Should it be a PreProcessor ?:
      - More flexible
      - but  requires insertions in many places

Unless there is a case we would go for Option 1.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks
Regards
UbikLoadPack Team