jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pending before next release
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2018 10:02:01 GMT
Hello,
Sorry for broken links, here are the correct ones:

We have currently 52 bugs/enhancements implemented in trunk that would make
a new version very interesting :

   -
   https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&component=HTTP&component=Main&list_id=170488&order=Importance&product=JMeter&query_format=advanced&resolution=FIXED&target_milestone=JMETER_4.1

We cannot release until those 3 (2 are related) are fixed:

   -
   https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&component=HTTP&component=Main&list_id=170492&order=Importance&product=JMeter&query_format=advanced&resolution=---&target_milestone=JMETER_4.1

Regards

On Thursday, June 7, 2018, Felix Schumacher <felix.schumacher@
internetallee.de> wrote:

> Am 07.06.2018 um 10:49 schrieb Vladimir Sitnikov:
>
>> Philippe>
>> https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&
>> list_id=170372&namedcmd=PENDING_NEXT_RELEASE
>>
>> Both links return "The search named PENDING_NEXT_RELEASE does not exist."
>> error message.
>> Is it something missing at my side?
>>
>> PS. There's http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/335 "Deprecate the Nashorn
>> JavaScript Engine", so we might want to deprecate Nashorn as well.
>>
> That is kind of sad news. Even if nashorn doesn't perform good in highly
> contended multithreaded environments. It is still javascript and users seem
> to like javascript. And removal will surely break many tests.

Yes sad news, I don’t understand the strategy.

Anyway:
- we can revert back to rhino as default engine
- or see if an alternative engine might be an option

I personally never use JS as it breaks performances, but you’re right
Felix, we need to keep it.