jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Release 5.0 ?
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2018 16:49:52 GMT
Am Samstag, den 28.07.2018, 17:29 +0200 schrieb Philippe Mouawad:
> Hello,
>
> @Felix, I reviewed the PR for the 62463, it looks good to me.
> We could release with 62570 not fixed as it's an enhancement

The fix for 62463 is only a partial fix. Try to run a distributed load
test with fixed rmi port in the GUI. You will get exceptions, as the
(remote) listeners will be instantiated more than one time and try to
bind to the same fixed port.

It is not clear to me, what we should do with those listeners.

1) they seem to be intended rather globally, but are local to a thread
group. I think this is odd, at least

2) the should probably not be instantiated (cloned?) more than once in
a test run

What was the original intention for those listeners? Can they be
implemented as global singleton like objects? If not, how is the other
side of the remote connection able to distinguish those objects?

For 62570 (enhancement related to validity of CA), I think I would be a
good idea to add the hint about the property to the dialog that appears
after the creation of a new CA. All further enhancements on this case
can wait.

Regards,
 Felix