jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Generating report by default in NON GUI mode
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2018 18:26:33 GMT

> On Monday, July 16, 2018, Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra0077@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Philippe,
>>
>> It's a good idea but I think we need to:
>>
>> Optimize the performance
>
> Felix has been improving this
I just tested the improvements reported on bugzilla and added a few bugs :)

>> Improve the output during the generation to display something to the user
>
> a kind of windows progress bar :)
> as accurate ? :)
>
>> Because when I made a big load test (many days with a high traffic), the
>> generation of dashboard take a lot of time
>
> You would force a non generation in this case no?
After the user waited for minutes? We could look at the size of the
results and decide on that measurement whether we would start a report
or not, but ...

We would have to have the results on disk.
We would have to know where and if we are allowed to generate the report.
We would have to let the user know, that a report has been generated.

Maybe we could

ask the user, if a report should be generated?
point out the possibility to generate such a report.

Felix