jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Subject Release 5.0 ?
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2018 20:47:19 GMT
Hello,

We have currently 64 bugs/enhancements implemented in trunk that would
deserve a Major new version 5.0 :

   - https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_
   status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&
   component=HTTP&component=Main&list_id=170488&order=
   Importance&product=JMeter&query_format=advanced&resolution=FIXED&target_
   milestone=JMETER_4.1
   <https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&component=HTTP&component=Main&list_id=170488&order=Importance&product=JMeter&query_format=advanced&resolution=FIXED&target_milestone=JMETER_4.1>

I think last commits deserve a deep review /tests related to :

   - Flow Control Action
   - Result Status Action
   - Iterating Controllers

If nobody finds a bug, the new version 5.0 should be released.

I propose to send a mail on user mailing list with following content:

We'd like to release a new version 5.0 with following enhancements /
bugfixes.
We'd like tests and feedback from users.
If you'd like to help testing, you can download a nightly build tomorrow:

   - https://ci.apache.org/projects/jmeter/nightlies/

Test particularly:

   - Recording
   - Flow Control Action (old Test Action)
   - Result Status Action (break loop, switch to next iteration of current
   loop)
   - While Controller / Loop Controller / Foreach Controller

We'll be waiting for 10 days.

Regards.
Philippe  M.