jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Subject Generating report by default in NON GUI mode
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2018 12:55:40 GMT
Hello,
Don't you think we should generate HTML report by default when running in
NON Gui mode ?

I see 3 reasons for that:

   - Why would somebody in 80% of cases do a load test without this report
   output ?
   - Still now, I continue to read "dishonnest" comparisons of JMeter with
   other tools (commercial or not) that say "JMeter has no reporting feature":
      - https://www.neotys.com/insights/how-neoload-is-different-from-jmeter
      - http://blog.loadimpact.com/how-to-do-10-things-in-jmeter-vs-k6
      - https://www.guru99.com/performance-testing-tools.html
      - https://www.loadtestingtool.com/wapt-vs-jmeter.shtml
      - When doing  trainings introducing JMeter, attendees are always
   surprised this report is not generated by default

Globally, JMeter offers a lot of features but many must be activated which
is a bit sad, activating some would reduce learning curve and make it more
user friendly

--
Regards.
Philippe