jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Increase validity duration of JMeter Root CA
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2018 08:55:15 GMT
It's a trade-off between convenience and security.

It's risky adding the certificate to the browser.

I don't think the default should be changed.

Users can always change it themselves if they accept the risks.
E.g. if they use a separate browser installation that has certificate,
then a longer validity is more sensible.
It's too easy to forget that the cert has been added to the browser.

S.