jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Paulo Maia Borges <pmaiabor...@temenos.com>
Subject RE: Place holder for function execution / Variables evaluation
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2018 16:41:57 GMT
I'm not sure I understand but I don't think I agree...

Whenever we want to change a variable in a flexible way, can't we just insert a BeanShell
sampler anywhere and execute a bit of code to change a variable? Example, insert a BeanShell
Sampler with this code to read an existing variable, change it, then store it somewhere else:
"""
String LoginID = vars.getObject ("LoginID");
String UserNumber = LoginID.substring (2);
vars.put ("UserNumber", UserNumber);
"""

This isn't fixed to the start of the test, nor to User Variables, nor to being a pre or post
processor. The only problem I can think of is that a BeanShell Sampler generates a "sample"
result, which is quite stupid when we merely want to execute some code. What we need is a
new control that can just run a script without «also» generating a "sample".

Or maybe I'm just not understanding properly..?

Regards,
Paulo Augusto Maia Borges