jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: New feature : Readable overview of Test Plan
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2019 20:10:14 GMT

> On Monday, January 21, 2019, Felix Schumacher <
> felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 21.01.19 um 11:40 schrieb Philippe Mouawad:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> This will better explain feature:
>>> Menu:
>>>
>>>      - http://ubikloadpack.com/demo/schematic/MenuSchematicView.png
>>>
>>> Plan:
>>>
>>>      - http://ubikloadpack.com/demo/schematic/testRequest.jmx
>>>
>>> Schematic View:
>>>
>>>      - http://ubikloadpack.com/demo/schematic/testRequest.html
>>>
>> Where do the names "handle Cookies", "add Headers", "Virtual Users
>> executing", ... come from? How would extensions (plugins) fit into this?
>
> It currently comes from the xsl file.
> There would be a default display using element name. For now plugins would
> have a very basic display.
>
> There would be a need to provide registration for implementations, I see
> how to do it for java implementation, but for XSLT, for now I don't.

Yes, I think the java implementation would have advantages over the
xsl-only version, especially with respect to extensibility.

> Working on this feature (within some consulting work, I was asked to
> document a plan to provide a textual description and ease understanding of
> errors (make other users find to what request an assertion was related)), I
> find that it makes the reading/understanding of a test plan more easy.
> I ran it on previous plans, and I see at least this major benefit.
> Another one (if we move forward) , would be to provide a more source
> version friendly representation of a JMX test plan.

Would this lead to something like Vladimir described? A textual
representation of the test plan, possibly with explanations for the
elements, that is diff and reader friendly.

On the other hand, this reminds me of something. I sometimes dream of
having markers in the test plan tree, that could be used to show

  * errors that happened during execution of a test plan (linked to/by
samples in result tree)

  * common misconfigurations like double timers (scoping issues mostly)
or beanshell/javascript scripts :)

  * samplers with long response times

  * ...

Felix