jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New feature : Readable overview of Test Plan
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2019 19:56:24 GMT
On Monday, January 21, 2019, Felix Schumacher <

> Am 21.01.19 um 11:40 schrieb Philippe Mouawad:
>
>> Hello,
>> This will better explain feature:
>> Menu:
>>
>>     - http://ubikloadpack.com/demo/schematic/MenuSchematicView.png
>>
>> Plan:
>>
>>     - http://ubikloadpack.com/demo/schematic/testRequest.jmx
>>
>> Schematic View:
>>
>>     - http://ubikloadpack.com/demo/schematic/testRequest.html
>>

> Where do the names "handle Cookies", "add Headers", "Virtual Users
> executing", ... come from? How would extensions (plugins) fit into this?

It currently comes from the xsl file.
There would be a default display using element name. For now plugins would
have a very basic display.

There would be a need to provide registration for implementations, I see
how to do it for java implementation, but for XSLT, for now I don't.

Working on this feature (within some consulting work, I was asked to
document a plan to provide a textual description and ease understanding of
errors (make other users find to what request an assertion was related)), I
find that it makes the reading/understanding of a test plan more easy.
I ran it on previous plans, and I see at least this major benefit.
Another one (if we move forward) , would be to provide a more source
version friendly representation of a JMX test plan.