jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: search and replace feature
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2019 21:13:25 GMT
On Saturday, January 5, 2019, Felix Schumacher <

> Hi all,
>
> while looking after Bug 63025 I saw, that the only samplers that are
> "Replaceable" are HTTPSamplerBase and HeaderManager.
>
> Shouldn't we extend the set of samplers further?

There are 2 reasons if I remember :

- it was an expertiment and intention was to have something working and
useful even if not complete and a basis to see if feature would be useful.
In my usage and feedback it ended up being useful
- My intention was to center the feature on correlation, that’s why it
concerns more http related elements

> The second thing I noticed was the repetitive code that is used to do the
> replacement of the values. I think the new code in HTTPSamplerBase could be
> moved somewhere else (into the interface Replaceable?) and be reused from
> HeaderManager. What do you think?

Yes, feel free to improve

--
Cordialement.