jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regression in JMeter 5.0 due to fix of Bug 62478
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2019 13:20:08 GMT
On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 12:17, Felix Schumacher
<felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:

> Am 15.01.19 um 16:51 schrieb Philippe Mouawad:
> > Hello,
> > We have a bug report considered as regression on jmeter-fr google group :
> > - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jmeter-fr/es1ikcAxsDE
> >
> > In summary previously when using function composition in Function Helper
> > Dialog:
> > Instead of:
> > ${__urlencode(${__time(dd/MM/yyyy,NEWVAR)})}
> >
> > The helper generates (notice '\,' instead of ','):
> > ${__urlencode(${__time(dd/MM/yyyy\,NEWVAR)})}
> >
> > Issue is due to another bug fix 62478:
> > - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1834192&view=rev
> >
> > Any idea how we should fix this ?
>
> So the problem is that ${...} values are getting their commata escaped?
>
> Maybe we could try to split the values with that in mind?

That should work, provided that the user has used the GUI to escape
the nested function call.
[It's not possible to decide how to escape a nested call, as its
parameter boundaries are not known. Consider a time format containing
a comma.]

The code will have to ignore anything enclosed in ${...}, but still
escape commas elsewhere in a parameter.
However it will require more than a simple split, as the function
calls may be nested more than 1 deep.

Alternatively, don't try to be too clever.
Instead of escaping commas, show a warning if a parameter contains a comma.