jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Issue 63185
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2019 20:23:43 GMT

> On Wednesday, February 20, 2019, Vladimir Sitnikov <
> sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Felix>I think we had this kind of error not long ago with another new
>> contributor
>>
>> I agree.
> Using Maven or Gradle would provide much better experience to new comers.
> And using maven would also simplify our build, I guess Gradle would also
> but I don’t know it enough to tell.
>

>> I think we could much better developer experience if we update to Gradle.
>> Is there a reason we can't use Gradle for build scripts?
> No reason except time and volunteers.
> If you’re willing to do it, I’ll be more than happy .

We have one long standing contribution that we didn't integrate (yet)
from Emilian Bold. He started to migrate the layout of our source code
to be more friendly to netbeans. I think it was the layout that is used
for maven/gradle, too. So we could start by moving our layout and then
try to setup gradle or maven.

But this should probably be discussed in another thread.

Felix